DEBRA DEBERRY, CLERK OF SUPERIOR COURT OF DEKALB COUNTY
DeKalb Clerk of Superior Court - DeKalb County Courthouse - 556 North McDonough Street - Ground Floor Decatur, GA 30030 - (404) 371-2836
The Office of the Clerk of Superior Court of Dekalb County wishes to expedite the handling of your appeal in every possible way. To that end, you are requested to insure that the following are accomplished. This will help us in processing your appeal.
1. Your Notice of Appeal includes the date of order or judgment you are appealing, your caption includes all names of parties (no “ET als”) and includes your name, address, phone number and state bar number.
2. You identify each pleading to be included in or omitted from the record by the exact name appearing on the pleading and not by any abbreviation. Also, include date of filing for each pleading.
3. You state what court you are appealing to, Court of Appeals or Supreme Court.
4. You understand that if one exhibit filed with a pleading is sent to the appellate court, all exhibits attached to the one sent must go. (The same is true of documents and pleadings. For example, we cannot send only part of a brief -please do not ask us to do so). Keep this in mind when you order the record.
5. Your depositions are unsealed. (Sealed depositions cannot be transferred to an appellate court. You must get and an order from the court permitting the Clerk to unseal a deposition if this was not done at trial or hearing).
6. You have ordered your transcript from the court reporter. (We cannot order the transcript for you and cannot send up the record until it is completed). Please notify the court reporter to file the transcript in the Appeals Section.
7. With regard to trial exhibits, please make sure that the court reporter files them with a cover sheet (same as front page of transcript) in the Appeals Section of the Clerk’s Office.
Helpful Appeals Links
You must pay the cost of preparation of the record before the case can be transmitted to the appellate level. Once the record is complete, we will send to you by certified mail, a bill for this service.
Cost of Preparation of Record: $1.00 per page
Appeals: $25.00 (must be paid in each civil and criminal appeal and shall be paid at the time of filing the notice of appeal.)
Clerk’s Certificate: $1.00
Court’s Seal: $1.00
Transcript Handling Fee: $35.00
We accept credit cards*, cash, money orders and in some cases business checks made payable to the Clerk of Superior Court.
Note: You must pay the cost of preparation of the record (seperate charge from the Appeals Fees) before the case can be transmitted to the appellate level. Once the record is complete, we will send to you by certified mail, a bill for this service.
Failure to pay the total cost of your appeal could result in your appeal being dismissed.
*Credit card surcharge of 2% fee +$1.00.
Authorized Access Only.
Please Enter Passcode:
Please contact Chief Deputy Rick Setser at 404-371-2391.